Whether the requirements are low friction or aesthetics, years have been spent perfecting the specification of coatings for race car components. With that confidence, it is then possible to apply the knowledge gained to the to the sport of golf in many ways, most relevantly, the putter.
After extensive research and testing, we are proud to announce the service of teflon putter heads in four classic colors:
1. Space black (semi gloss)
2. Zero black (total flat, zero gloss)
3. Electric blue
4. Rae's Creek green
5. Highland grey
6. Oxford grey metallic
7. Oxford grey non-metallic
This coating is not invincible, but it's durable if taken care of. It's only as hard as the metal, so if kept off the cart path, it will last. It can offer the following advantages:
1. A slick feel again the grass of the green whether it's a fringe putt or you rest your club to address the ball.
2. Corrosion prevention for carbon steels or other metals that corrode
3. Very thin 0.001" thickness, so paintfill and club features still look great (most powdercoats are 0.004" or more thick)
3. Reduced glare in sunlight, when compared to bare stainless steel
4. Unique aesthetics from what the factory spec. of the putter is.
Price and service is on application due to keeping this bespoke and specialized. Batches are assembled to ensure timely delivery (3 weeks max.) and competitve pricing, which allow us to be a lower price than a lot of powdercoating services.
Be sure to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Other coating prototypes or customs can be seen below.